Cast: Ryan Seacrest, Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler, Randy Jackson
Network: Fox, airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 8 p.m.
Original Telecast: Feb. 2, 2012
Luckily for us, this is the last of the auditions on the world’s greatest karaoke competition, AMERICAN IDOL.
The real show begins next week with Hollywood Week and hopefully we will get a similar treatment as we did last year where we get expanded coverage of the process as it is the most interesting part of the show – maybe even better than the individual performances when it gets to the Top 12. Not to beat a dead horse here (as I have said this in every audition I have reviewed), just start it in Hollywood Week next year and give us maybe one week of auditions as a roundup and two weeks or more of Hollywood Week.
If this is a real talent competition, that’s indeed what they should do. What have they got to lose at this point? The ratings are down, way down from the heyday, and this could get people interested in seeing how these people do during this part of the competition.
As I said this was the last stop in terms of the auditions so we got the usual amount of bad people doing their thing and never having a hope or pray of making it.
But as we look forward to next week’s festivities, here’s what I thought was either interesting or funny from “Auditions No. 7: St. Louis”:
- Glad that Seacrest ditched the Simon Cowell shirts and is back to a tie and jacket. It wasn’t a good look. Hopefully he won’t experiment this year again with his wardrobe and we’ll just see suits going forward.
- Did anyone find their silent movie treatment of one really bad singer funny? Yeah, neither did I. Stick to what you do best, trying to be funny is not one of these things.
- Look I get that Carrie Underwood won and so did that country singer guy from last week, but does every other contestant have to be a country singer? There have to be plenty of other genres we aren’t seeing.
- Someone give that cranky taxi driver a sitcom like now. He could easily be SH** MY DAD SAYS for real. SH** A RANDOM CRANKY TAXI DRIVER SAYS, practically writes itself.
- Fat Elvis sighting. Is there a skinny Elvis in the building?
- When they showed that dude who got bullied in school and his chick “friends” he made … all I could think of was Friend Status: GLEE.
- The hotel guy that brought in all his co-workers couldn’t button his jacket? Really man we just saw a video package with you wearing a nice outfit and you wear that? Fortunately for him, singing is not one of the areas he excels in. In other words, don’t quit your day job.
- Lauren Gray is another one to watch next week. If she doesn’t blow it in Hollywood Week, she should could got far.
AGREE? DISAGREE? LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD – COMMENT BELOW
Article Source: Assignment X
Article: TV Review: AMERICAN IDOL – SEASON 11 – “Auditions No. 7: St. Louis”