Thankfully, this is the end of the world’s greatest karaoke competition, AMERICAN IDOL. At least for this year.
The bad news is that now I gotta now cover THE VOICE – thanks a lot boss!
Obviously, the big news is that Scotty McCreery won the whole kit and caboodle, got the grand prize and is now the head cheese, the top dog, the numero uno. And that means that Lauren Alaina came in a distant (or maybe close) second.
In the end, the actual competition portion from Tuesday night was quite boring in my opinion as they did songs they had previously done, they did songs that celebrities chose and were kind of ho-hum and the original songs that would be the first single from the two were both ballads and left me feeling like I needed some sleep.
Because for some reason they made us wait two freaking hours for the announcement of the winner … we got so much filler it was ridiculous, instead of commenting on it all here’s a breakdown.
- Again Seacrest? A tuxedo? Really?
- Judas Priest on IDOL with James Durbin … yes, please.
- I’m glad that I’m not the only one that hated Randy Jackson’s “in it to win it” phrase, even the producers hated it.
- Steven Tyler is a horny guy.
- Jennifer Lopez has a lot of stalkers.
- A performance from all the eliminated dudes, most of whom I’d forgotten.
- A performance from all the eliminated ladies, and I still say Haley Reinhart and Pia Toscano have better voices than Lauren,
- Jack Black and Casey Abrams pull off maybe the best performance of the year and the most fun.
- Haley and Tony Bennett have a good time on stage in a cool duet.
- TLC is back together, but without any new material?
- Scotty and Tim McGraw sound too similar.
- A recap of all the losers from the auditions
- Marc Anthony gets a spot on the show … gotta be in J.Lo’s contract.
- Who had the most shocking elimination – Pia by far.
- Tom Jones is still alive, eh?
- Another strange performance from Lady Gaga – at least she’s consistent.
- Lauren and Carrie Underwood together … Randy must be creaming his jeans.
- Spiderman the musical makes an appearance and so does Bono … poor, poor Bono.
- Steven Tyler gives us a reason why we don’t mind him selling out
Finally, they got to the results and we find out that Scotty McCreery is the AMERICAN IDOL. The boys win it again and the big question mark looms – will anyone buy his record or will he be in the cut-out bins faster than you can say Lee Dewyze.
Click on link to see the TEN REASONS SCOTTY McCREERY WILL WIN AMERICAN IDOL – SEASON 10
Click on link to see the TEN REASONS LAUREN ALAINA WILL WIN AMERICAN IDOL – SEASON 10
Check out photos of the performances below.
AGREE? DISAGREE? Let your voice be heard – COMMENT BELOW!
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 2 PERFORM
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 4 PERFORM
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 5 PERFORM
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 6 PERFORM
CLICK HERE to read the 10 FIXES we think can save AMERICAN IDOL