At this point, the AMERICAN IDOL race comes down to two country singers – Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina. They’ve beaten all the odds and are now the Final Two (despite people shocked that frontrunners Casey Abrams, James Durbin didn’t make it – and of course Haley Reinhart missing the coveted Top Two as well).
So now it comes down to who is in it, to win it (Randy Jackson’s catchphrase this season) and tonight, it’s really Scott’s game to lose.
Here are the ten reasons why Scotty will succeed in being America’s first male country IDOL.
1) That deep voice – it’s unique and way beyond his years and it’s served him well throughout the season.
2) He has the Tween girl voting bloc. Guys have won IDOL the last three years in a row, and there doesn’t seem to be any reason why it won’t happen again.
3) He’s devoted to his faith – a big plus when it comes to America’s votes
4) He’s a country boy – and when country music fans love an artist they know is true (see: Carrie Underwood), they take them to the top
5) He’s young and sincere – there’s not a cynical bone in his body.
6) He’s stayed true to his country roots and has very rarely wavered (sometimes to a fault).
7) He’s only been in the bottom once (Editor’s Note: or never, pending on which conspiracy theory you buy into – the night he was in the bottom, Ryan Seacrest said everyone was being announced in random order, which they never really do – it was confusing and now no one knows the real truth anymore. Maybe the truth is being kept at Area 51).
8) Randy continually says “Scotty is in it, to win it.” I guess if Randy says it, it must be true.
9) He makes up for his limited vocal range, with ample charisma
10) He will clearly make a country record that will stand out – and everyone will know his voice. Most casual IDOL fans won’t buy it, but it will be a huge country seller.
Three Reasons Why Scotty Might Not Make It
1) Song choice – if he picks the wrong song, he might screw up his chances.
2) People might still remember he didn’t stick up for the chubby little singer during Hollywood week and punish him for it.
3) Haley fans may defect to Lauren, giving her the edge.
Click on link to see the TEN REASONS LAUREN ALAINA WILL WIN AMERICAN IDOL – SEASON 10
AGREE? DISAGREE? Let your voice be heard – COMMENT BELOW!
Rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 4 PERFORM
Rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 5 PERFORM
Rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 6 PERFORM
CLICK HERE to read the 10 FIXES we think can save AMERICAN IDOL
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 6 PERFORM
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 7 PERFORM
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 8 PERFORM
CLICK HERE for a rundown and review of AMERICAN IDOL – Season 10 – THE TOP 9 PERFORM